Election Officers Needed!
The Fairfax County Office of Elections is currently recruiting voters to serve as Election Officers a few days a year.
In order to be an Election Officer, you must:
- Be fluent in English
- Be a registered voter in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Be able to fulfill the Federal I-9 employment eligibility requirements
- Attend a 3-hour training class
- Arrive at the polling place at 5:00 am and remain until all work has been completed after the polls close at 7pm
- Have basic computer skills
The Election Officer's main priority is to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the election process. A typical Election Day consists of:
- arriving one hour before polls open to set up voting equipment
- hanging up pertinent signage
- preparing the polling room for voting
- processing voters throughout the day
- assisting with operating voting equipment
- securing voting equipment and closing down the polling place at the end of the day
Election Officers are offered a stipend of $175 for serving a full day.
We especially encourage bilingual citizens to serve as we need language assistance in many precincts. Residency in Fairfax County is not required.
It is a wonderful opportunity for those interested in the election process or public service, and we need civic-minded individuals to help make Election Day a success!