The League of Women Voters of the Fairfax Area
We are a nonpartisan political organization that encourages informed and active participation of citizens in government,we work to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and we influence public policy through education and advocacy.
- We discuss and study issues of local, national, state and regional concern. We inform ourselves, legislators and the general public about the results of our research.
- We monitor elections and government activities.
- We sponsor cadidate debates and community forums about vital issues.
- We testify at legislative and administrative hearings to insure citizen input in policy making decisions.
- We publish and distribute issue-oriented material.
- We advocate, occasionally go to court to help clarify and enforce laws in the public interest.
- We product and distribute Voters' Guides to help citizens to choose candidate and to be prepared to vote on ballot questions.
- We get INVOLVED!