Democracy is not a spectator sport!
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization encouraging informed and active participation in government. It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
Please note: The March Reston Day Unit meeting location has changed. The new location is 11020 Burywood Lane, Reston. For more information, contact Viveka at 703-404-0498.
In February and March, the League will be studying Agriculture to develop a national position. The February and March Voters contain summary information. For detailed study information, please go to the LWVUS Agriculture update page which lists 23 resource papers along with the consensus questions.
Meetings and Calendar Learn More
- Times and locations of meetings and the monthly program topic.
Election Information Learn More
- Click here for information on General and Special Elections as well as information on absentee voting, your polling place, and ID required to vote.
Voting Information Learn More
- Eligibility, Registration, Absentee Ballots, ID Requirements, Polling Places and more
Facts For Voters Learn More
- The League's annual brochure of government officials, agencies and services with contact information
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.
Who We Are & What We Do
The League of Women Voters of the Fairfax Area is a nonpartisan political organization that encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
- We discuss & study issues of local, national, state & regional concern. We inform ourselves, legislators & the general public about the results of our research.
- We lobby for passage of laws we support & for the defeat of those we oppose, based on League positions.
- We monitor elections & government activities.
- We sponsor candidate debates & community forums about vital issues.
- We testify at legislative & administrative hearings to insure citizen input in policy making decisions.
- We publish & distribute issue-oriented material.
- We advocate, we occasionally go to court to help clarify & enforce laws in the public interest.
- We produce & distribute Voters' Guides to help citizens to choose candidates & to be prepared to vote on ballot questions.
- We get INVOLVED! Join us in lively conversations & interesting issues!
The League of Women Voters never supports or opposes candidates for office, or political parties, and any use of the League of Women Voters name in campaign advertising or literature has not been authorized by the League.
Membership in the League of Women Voters is open to anyone -- men and women -- age 18 and older. JOIN US - click here
for an application form.