Please refresh your browser when viewing this website in order to get the latest news.
The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors passed a resolution to put a proposed meals' tax on the November ballot. Read more about the proposed meals' tax here.
Join LWVFA KickOff
Saturday, August 27, 2016
8:30 to noon
Mason District Government Center
6507 Columbia Pike
Annandale, VA 22003
To volunteer for the LWVUS Convention, click here.
LWV of Fairfax Monthly Unit Meetings
"LWVFA Unit Meetings begin the second week of the month. Our next meetings will be in September.
Read the June Fairfax VOTER Newsletter (Program Topic: How Can State Laws Differ From Federal Laws?)
Are you registered to vote?
Click here to register to vote online.
2016 Facts for Voters
for the 2016 Facts for Voters.
The League of Women VotersŪ of the Fairfax Area conducts monthly unit meetings where we hold discussions. Recent topics include:
Check out the Election Results across Virginia
The League of Women Voters of the Fairfax Area is a nonpartisan political organization that encourages informed and active participation of citizens in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
- We discuss & study issues of local, national, state & regional concern. We inform ourselves, legislators & the general public about the results of our research.
- We lobby for passage of laws we support & for the defeat of those we oppose, based on League positions.
- We monitor elections & government activities.
- We sponsor candidate debates & community forums about vital issues.
- We testify at legislative & administrative hearings to insure citizen input in policy making decisions.
- We publish & distribute issue-oriented material.
- We advocate, we occasionally go to court to help clarify & enforce laws in the public interest.
- We produce & distribute Voters' Guides to help citizens to choose candidates & to be prepared to vote on ballot questions.
- We get INVOLVED! Join us in lively conversations & interesting issues!
The League of Women Voters never supports or opposes candidates for office, or political parties. Any use of the League of Women Voters name in campaign advertising or literature has not been authorized by the League.
Membership in the League of Women Voters is open to anyone -- men and women -- age 16 and older. JOIN US - click here
for an application form.