We make voting easier through varied voter education programs.
Voter Education is conducted by the LWVFA Education Fund which is a 501-(c)-3 tax deductible organization that supports and underwrites efforts to provide educational and informational public services to the community. These services further the League's commitment to promote civic responsibility through informed and active participation of citizens in government. The League is nonpartisan and neither supports nor opposes candidates for public office or political parties.
To assist in achieving these goals, the LWVFA Education Fund prepares and broadly distributes useful publications available to the public in our libraries, government offices, community centers our offices and other sites.
- We print and distribute thousands of copies of WHAT'S ON THE BALLOT showing all candidates for public office in the election as well as the wording on referenda and/or state constitutional items.
- In the fall for the General Election and the elections for the Towns of Clifton and Herndon and the City of Fairfax and in the spring for the town of Vienna, our VOTER'S GUIDE is printed in the Faifax Times newspaper and posted on our website. These Guides provide pertinent data about the office on the ballot, the certified candidates and their answers to written questionnaires submitted to each candidate on topics of current relevance.
- Prior to elections, our volunteers assist other groups or conduct CANDIDATE FORUMS providing face-to-face interactions among candidates and the public.
- Early each year, we print thousands of copies of FACTS FOR VOTERS, a compact directory of our elected officials at the: local, state, and national levels of government plus information about voter registration and useful county phone numbers.
- Our members staff a phone bank the ten days prior to a general election to help voters find information about voting and the election.
- We publish other helpful documents as of community interest as needed.
Our newsletter The Fairfax Voter is produced ten months each year. This publication is sent to all local League members as well as our elected officials and other interested persons and the study portion is posted on our Website. The PROGRAM or INFORMATIONAL REPORT on a cogent topic is included and covered by the LWVFA Education Fund.
The League of Women Voters of the Fairfax Area Education Fund receives no funding from any outside agency. It is financed by contributions from supportive businesses, citizens and donations from members. It is our policy to contact our supporters only once a year.
The League of Women Voters is a non-partisan organization that promotes an active and informed participation in state, local and national government. All persons of voting age, male and female are encouraged to become members of the League and participate in its activities. For further information call 703-658-9150. The League reminds all citizens to become informed about candidates and issues, register and vote.