Fairfax City Special Election for a Council Seat
To view the Candidate Forum, click here. It took place on Wednesday, August 30th @ Fairfax Regional Library.
The Special Election is Tuesday, September 12th
Election Day Hours:
- September 12, 2017 Special Election: 6 a.m.-7 p.m.
- August 29, 2017 - Last day to register 11:59 online, 5 p.m. in person or postmarked by that date. For more information about voter registration visit the Voter Information Page.
You may request an absentee ballot to be sent to you by mail up to one year prior to the election in which you wish to vote absentee. In-Person absentee voting is available 45 days prior to each election. All ballots must be returned by 7 p.m. on election night in order to be counted. Ballots may be returned by mail or returned in person by the voter.
Absentee Voting by Mail
- Absentee Application
- Ballots will be available on July 28
- Ballots will be mailed within three business days of receiving your application after ballots are available
- September 5, 2017, 5 p.m - Last day to request an absentee ballot to be mailed.
In-Person Absentee Voting
- July 28, - September 8, 2017; Monday - Friday; 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m., excluding holidays
- Saturday, September 9, 2017 - 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Last day to absentee vote in person