Please note: Although the 2016 Election has already occurred, we are keeping this page live so that students and other interested parties can still access it.
The League of Women Voters of the Fairfax Area Voters Guide is here. Click here to download your copy.
The League of Women Voters of the US Voters Guide features several of the Presidential Candidates.
Do you know who is running for office? Do you know their positions? Find your personalized ballot at vote411.org
, the non-partisan League of Women Voters of the U.S. voter tool.
Remember: local and state elections directly affect you!
Fairfax County Office of Election is seeking League members to serve as Election Officers a few days a year, including the upcoming General Election on Tuesday, November 8, 2016.
Election Officers are needed at each of the 240 precincts in Fairfax County to run the polls and assist the voters.
In order to be an Election Officer, you must:
- Be fluent in English
- Be a registered voter in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Be able to fulfill the Federal I-9 employment eligibility requirements
- Attend a 3-hour training class
- Arrive at the polling place at 5:00 am and remain until all work has been completed after the polls close at 7pm
- Have basic computer skills
The Election Officer's main priority is to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the election process. A typical Election Day consists of:
- arriving one hour before polls open to set up voting equipment
- hanging up pertinent signage
- preparing the polling room for voting
- processing voters throughout the day
- assisting with operating voting equipment
- securing voting equipment and closing down the polling place at the end of the day.
Election Officers are offered a stipend of $175 for serving a full day. We especially encourage bilingual citizens to serve as we need language assistance in many precincts. Residency in Fairfax County is not required. It is a wonderful opportunity for those interested in the election process or public service, and we need civic-minded individuals to help make Election Day a success!
To apply, call the Fairfax County Office of Elections at (703) 324-4735. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.